HARD SHELL JACKET FR GT
Fire Retardant Gore Tex Hard Shell Jacket
Adapted from our expedition tested consumer Alpinist Jacket, this new version achieves Gore’s Defense Performance Standard – 2 (DPS-2) in a 4.8 oz/yd 100% woven Nylon shell. We use Gore’s 2-Layer construction that combines durably waterproof, windproof, and breathable GORE-TEX® fabric with GORE® PYRAD® flame retardant — a revolutionary, self-extinguishing technology that provides durable protection against arc flash and flash fire exposure. GORE® PYRAD® flame retardant minimizes burn injury, while offering a high level of thermal protection as manifested in the 4-second PyroMan™ test.
40 denier fibers provide just the right balance of light weight and rugged abrasion resistance. The new fabric by Gore provides strength, durability and weather protection combined with protection against flash fire exposure. This jacket has been carefully designed for maximum movement capability. Pattern pieces fit the contours of the body for comfort — the jacket is fitted, cut for ease of movement, and is designed to be worn under body armor.
Fit: under body armor
Weight: 23 oz
Berry Amendment Compliant: 100% Made in U.S.A.
- 40d 100% Nylon 2 Layer GORE-TEX® hardshell fabric with GORE® PYRAD® flame retardant
- Fully seam sealed
- Durable construction to protect you against dirt, dust, sand, hail, rain and snow
- 3-D shaping at the elbows and shoulders for improved fit and ease of movement
- Adjustable, helmet compatible hood
- Adjustable hem
- Fleece chin guard
- Two waterproof chest pockets
- Center front storm flap
- Hidden hem cord-lock adjustment tucks into an internal pocket to prevent snagging
- 40 denier Nylon, 2 Layer, GORE-TEX® hardshell fabric with GORE® PYRAD® flame retardant
- Machine wash in cold water
- Tumble dry on low heat
- Do not use fabric softener
- Do not iron