You have requested and we have listened. We are happy to re-release what Backpacker Magazine once called a "breathable fortress". The Alpinist Hard Shell Jacket is designed for fast movement and versatility. Utilizing the same fit from our Hard Shell FR-GT that gets rave reviews, these shells are light, packable, and more than equal to the demands of today’s operator.
The new 30 denier 3 layer GORE-TEX fabric provides an optimum combination of durable waterproofness and comfort. This new fabric package, characterized as Light & Fast by Gore, is more breathable and more capable of managing moisture and condensation near the body.
Features include an adjustable helmet-compatible hood, adjustable hem with hidden drawcord, two waterproof chest pockets, and fleece chin guard. Extended pit-zips (rib-zips) allow for maximum ventilation and access to mid-layer pockets.
Fit: athletic fit; under body armor
Weight: 23 oz
Berry Amendment Compliant: Yes. 100% Made in U.S.A.
- New lightweight knit backer with improved next-to-skin feel
- Fully seam-sealed for full waterproof protection
- 3-D shaping at elbows and shoulders for exceptional ease of movement
- Two waterproof chest pockets
- Size adjustable hood
- No Exposed Zippers for added protection and to eliminate straight lines through your camo
- Fleece chin guard
- Drop tail for coverage
- Gore Light & Fast DPS 2 Military fabric
- YKK Zippers
- Machine wash in cold water
- Tumble dry on low heat
- Do not use fabric softener
- Do not iron